National Weather Service Weather call - Jan, 21 at 1200 for tomorrow:
* Governor Terry McAuliffe has declared a State of Emergency
* Snow fall onset is predicted to start at 1300 (1PM) tomorrow Friday, Jan 22
* Transition from winter watch to blizzard warning will be sent out at 1300 (1PM) tomorrow Friday, Jan 22
* Total accumulation is predicted to be 24" (From Friday Jan 21 at 1300 (1PM) to late hours on Saturday Jan 22)
* Weight of snow is predicted to be a concern and cause potential structural damage; snow predicted to weigh equivalent to 2-3" of frozen rain once it's done accumulating on roofs.
* Wind gusts of 30 -40 mph and a peak of 50 mph-- Main concern is power outages.